Incredibly delicious and super easy, this one-bowl cake is the best kind of early Christmas gift. It’s perfect with a cup of tea and a friend.
We adore this almond cake recipe. It’s fresh and fragrant, and is even better with Teddy’s almonds cape town! We know both you & your guests will love it as much as we do. Almonds are also known to contain heart-disease fighting Polyphemus, which is an antioxidant. Even more reasons to bake this beauty!
For the cake:
- ¾ Cup Almond Flour
- ¾ Cup Plain Yoghurt
- 1 ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 ½ Cup All Purpose Flour
- 3 Tsp Baking Powder
- ¾ Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Almond Extract
- 2 Tsp Vanilla
- ¾ Cup Sunflower or Canola Oil
For the glaze:
- ½ Cup Sliced Teddy’s Almonds for garnishing
- 1 Tsp Grated Orange Zest
- 3 Tsp Fresh Orange Juice
- ¾ Cup Powdered Sugar (Plus some more for sprinkling)
- Preheart the oven to 175®C. Grease a cake pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Place almonds in a baking pan and bake for 15 minutes until they turn a plae golden brown. Don’t forget to stir every 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Combine the yoghurt, sugar, eggs and stir until well blended.
- Add the flour, almond flour, baking powder, salt and extracts. Mix it all up!
- Add the oil. It may seem to separate, but keep stirring until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 35 – 45 minutes until the cake feels springy to the touch. Be careful not to overbake – cover loosely with foil if it’s getting too brown towards the end and the cake isn’t done in the middle.
- Take out and let cool.
For the glaze:
- Mix the orange zest, orange juice, powdered sugar and extracts.
- Stir with a whisk until smooth
- Using a pastry brush, pat the glaze evenly over the cake. It’ll soak in.
- Sprinkle almonds over the cake while the glaze is wet and pat gently.
- Allow the cake to cool completely and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Serve & enjoy!
Buy Almonds Cape Town
Teddy’s nutty recipes taste even better with nuts directly from our store. Buy almonds cape town & all your dried fruits and nuts with us for the best deals & fairest prices.
Images & Recipe adjusted from: https://thecafesucrefarine.com/french-almond-cake/